Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A special request: Will you be my bridesmaid?

I received an invitation from Monique to attend a girl's night out event scheduled for mid-March during Nicole's spring break visit home from college. Arriving at Monique's, all the girls were there and everyone was laughing and enjoying each other's company. Monique pulled me off to the side and handed me a beautifully wrapped little box. Looking into Monique's eyes I could see the excitement twinkling in her eyes. Unsure why she was giving me a gift, I opened the box and inside was a beautiful silver knotted ring and a note: Will you be apart of my special day and honor me by being my bridesmaid?. Hugging Moe close I replied YES YES YES!!!

Monique, Nicole, Rachel (my sister) & I grew up together and we have always shared a very special bond. We were close in age and our mother's were sisters and also maintained a close relationship. Monique & I were born in the same year, exactly 4 months apart, which has always been a source of amusement amongst us cousins. 

I am looking forward to being apart of Moe's special day with an amazing group of girls. This is going to be great ladies!!    

~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment